What is the difference between au gratin and scalloped potatoes?
How do you make Martha Stewart scalloped potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish and rub with garlic. …
- Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake on top rack until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Uncover and bake until top is golden in spots, 30 to 40 minutes.
Do potatoes have to be peeled for scalloped potatoes?
How do you make Paula Deen’s scalloped potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange one-third of potato slices in bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle potatoes with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ cup each Parmesan and Cheddar. …
- Bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, about 1 hour.
Why are my scalloped potatoes watery?
If you used a pre-prepped potato from the refrigerator section instead of slicing your own, they can have preservatives that make them a bit watery. If you stored your potatoes in water to prevent discoloring, be sure to drain them well and pat them dry before adding to your casserole.
How do you keep scalloped potatoes from turning GREY?
How do you make Paula Deen mashed potatoes?
Why won’t my scalloped potatoes get soft?
How do you tell when scalloped potatoes are done?
Instead, cook the dish gently just until the potatoes are fork-tender. With this simple trick, you’ll know that your scalloped potatoes are perfectly cooked.